Your Simple Marketing Plan Template
I am often asked, "How do I create a marketing plan?" While that process can involve as many or as few steps as the business owner deems necessary, I find that starting with a simple, straightforward marketing plan template always proves useful.
A good marketing plan should be calendarized by month, or by week if appropriate for that company or detail-oriented business owner. It should include:
- Name of the campaign. (This is purely for internal use to identify all your ongoing efforts.)
- Any tasks you must complete to carry out the campaign.
- The start and end dates of the effort.
- The goal(s) of the campaign.
- The KPI's, or Key Performance Indicators. (These factors help you determine whether the campaign was a success or failure.)
- The target audience.
- A column for status updates or comments. (The more notes you provide yourself, the better prepared you'll be the following year when you need to decide whether the same campaign is worth running.)
- Any costs associated with the campaign.
- The result.
To take this a step further, I've authored a sample excel template available for free download! Start 2016 off on the right foot and download my free sample marketing template.